Monday, November 18, 2013

Key West

Key West is by far the most amazing place I've ever visited. It is so different from any other beach-y vacation destination I'd ever been to. As far as beach vacations go, I've never been a fan, but something about the history and the beauty of Key West is one of a kind. Everything from the one runway airport, to the hotel I stayed at and all the history throughout the island is like nothing I've ever seen before.The whole island is accessible by foot or bike. While exploring the island, every house had a old southern plantation feel with a hint of Hispanic influence. The best sights while visiting was the old Civil War fort, the butterfly conservatory and especially the home of Ernest Hemingway and his 6 toed cats. This historic town has a unique sense of beauty that everyone needs to experience once in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment